- If Linux stalls on reloading mail transport agent with the following message.
* Reloading Mail Transport Agent (MTA) sendmail
Add the domain name of the computer where the sendmail is running to
127.0.0.1 localhost yourdomain.com
However, if you use gmail linking to your server as the email server, do not put that. Otherwise sendmail will send an email to your server instead of the gmail server.
If you are using an external email service like Google Apps and when the server sends the sends an email, it doesn't send the email properly or when it sends an email to any eamil address that has the same domain name as the server and it's suppsed to be delivered to the Google Apps', yet the local server gets it, try the following instructions.
- Add the domain name to /etc/hosts. It should come first.
# e.g.) your.domain.com $ vim /etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 your.domain.com localhost.localdomain localhost hostname
- Add the following lines to the end of the
define(`MAIL_HUB', `your.domain.com.')dnl define(`LOCAL_RELAY', `your.domain.com.')dnl
- Then reconfigure and restart sendmail.
$ sendmailconfig $ service sendmail restart